Dr. Sam Shanmugham, MD
Dr. Sam is board certified by both the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and the American Board of Sleep Medicine.
• He is also certified in Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology by the American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
• Dr. Sam has been in private practice with Florida Neurology since 1988.
• He graduated in 1981 from Coimbatore Medical College in South India and he went on to complete his neurology residency at University of Illinois, Chicago.
• In 1988 he earned his fellowship in Electromyography and Neuromuscular Disease at University of Miami in Miami, Florida.
• Dr. Sam has served as the Chief of Medicine as well on the Board of Directors for Central Florida Regional Hospital in Sanford. He was the Director of Sleep Medicine at Florida Hospital Waterman in Tavares and currently serves in the same position at Waterman Sleep Lab, Inc. in Mount Dora. In 2012, Florida Hospital Waterman honored Dr. Sam with the Compassionate Physician Award.
• He is an associate professor at University of Central Florida’s College of Medicine, a member of the American Academy of Neurology, and an active constituent of the American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin.